Union of Concerned Scientists Climate Hot Map Scavenger Hunt Contest & Sweepstakes
1) GENERAL: No purchase necessary to enter, but you must be registered online with the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS or Sponsor) to qualify as a contestant. Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. (EST) on 06/21/11 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 07/31/11. If you are not a registered member (i.e., have a valid, active email address on file with UCS) by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 7/31/11, you are not eligible. Winners will be required to sign a standard release form.
2) TO ENTER: This contest consists of online entries only. There are two ways to enter this contest:
a) Complete and submit electronically the online entry form at http://www.ucsusa.org/action/CHMscavengerhunt.html. A qualifying UCS registrant (heretofore called “contestant”) will provide a valid and accurate email address and answer the questions on the form. The contestant will receive one (1) entry for submitting the form with a valid email address and one (1) entry for each correct answer. Limit one (1) scavenger hunt response per contestant. Multiple entries submitted by a single person, are void. Submissions from online automated sweepstakes entry systems are not permitted and will be void. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any computer, online, telephone, or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur.
Grand Prize (1)
NOTE: Grand prize winner will receive free registration for two (2) to their choice of either the “Climate Change in Brazil’s Atlantic Rainforest” or “Climate Change in Chesapeake Bay Forests” expedition (heretofore known as “expedition”), as arranged by Earthwatch Institute. In addition, UCS will provide the cost of two (2) economy class, round-trip flights to the major airport nearest to the Earthwatch Institute defined “rendezvous point” for the expedition (up to $3,000.00) and will purchase carbon offsets to match the flights. Any additional costs or requirements as described by Earthwatch Institute are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Solio solar charger units (heretofore known as “units”) are new. Sponsor is not responsible for the functioning or operation of these units. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees associated with the functioning of these units.
4) WINNER SELECTION: A random drawing will be conducted on or about 08/01/11. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email on or around 08/01/11.
5) ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Further, this sweepstakes is only open to people registered online with the Union of Concerned Scientists. Online registration with UCS is free by filling out either the scavenger hunt form http://www.ucsusa.org/action/CHMscavengerhunt.html the registration form at http://ucs.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=sign_up OR by taking action through the UCS website at http://www.ucsusa.org/action. Employees of the Union of Concerned Scientists and its affiliates, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to enter.
6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules. The laws of the United States govern this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, participants release and hold harmless sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, prize suppliers, employees, and/or agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize.
7) INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
8) WINNER'S NAME: To receive name of the winner by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winner: Climate Hot Map Scavenger Hunt Contest & Sweepstakes, c/o Union of Concerned Scientists, 2 Brattle Sq, Cambridge MA, 02138. Requests received after 08/01/11 will not be fulfilled. The winners’ names will also be posted on http://www.ucsusa.org on or about the date of 08/02/11.
©Union of Concerned Scientists
Union of Concerned Scientists
2 Brattle Square, Cambridge, MA 02138