UCS and the NRC: Archive
Over the years, UCS nuclear power safety experts have produced frequent reports, letters, petitions, testimony and other documents on the performance of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in enforcing nuclear power safety rules to ensure that commercial nuclear reactors are operated as safely and securely as possible.
We've kept some of these documents available on our website for the perspective they provide on the intractability of some of these safety issues, many of which unfortunately have yet to be resolved.
- Brief on recurring leakage past control rod seals at Palisades (2010)
- Brief on slow control rods at Peach Bottom (2010)
- Letter to NRC on groundwater protection concerns (2010)
- Letter to NRC on recurring leak inside containment at Indian Point Unit 2 (2010)
- Petition to NRC about recurring safety problem at Davis-Besse (2010)
- Futility at the Utility: Two Decades of Missed Opportunities at Fermi Unit 2 (2007)
- Petition to NRC on Longstanding Radioactive Leaks (2006)
- Walking a Nuclear Tightrope: Unlearned Lessons of Year-plus Reactor Outages (2006)
- Snap, Crackle, & Pop: Experimental Power Uprates at Boiling Water Reactors (2004)
- Regulatory Malpractice: NRC's Handling of the PWR Containment Sump Problem (2003)
- Petition to NRC on Containment Sump Problem at Indian Point (2003)
- Nuclear Plant Risk Studies: Failing the Grade (2000)