We need trusted, influential voices to help lead the charge toward healthier, science- based food policies. Urge the Acting Surgeon General to help shape smarter policies on sugar consumption.
What You Can Do
The suppression, distortion, and manipulation of federal science has become pervasive. UCS is committed to pushing for reforms that will make it more difficult for any administration to abuse science.
Achieving substantive solutions to the problem, however, will require the persistent and energetic engagement of both scientists and citizens. Here are a few ways to get involved:
- Scientists: Join the UCS Science network to help us demonstrate concern from within the scientific community about the abuse of federal government science. By endorsing our call to action on scientific freedom and the public good, you will receive updates on this issue as well as opportunities to take action.
- Share the scientific integrity curriculum guide with educators in your community.
- Display a scientific integrity poster in your university science department, on the walls of your science classroom, or in the lobby of your non-profit organization. To request a copy of the poster email email@example.com.
- Order the current edition of the UCS Scientific Integrity Calendar.
- Report abuses of science. Please let us know about additional abuses of science that are not already documented by UCS. To view abuses of science we have already reported on, check the A-to-Z Guide to Political Interference in Science.
- Reach out to your scientific societies. Work with UCS to bring scientific integrity informational materials to meetings, place articles about the issue in society newsletters, and gain society endorsement of fundamental core values in science and science-based decision making. For more information, or to request materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support the Union of Concerned Scientists and ensure we have the resources to make this campaign successful.
If you have any questions about how you can become more involved in restoring scientific integrity, email email@example.com.