Standing Up for Science during the Trump Administration
Science. Evidence. Fact and reason.
They form the very foundation of a strong democracy—indeed, of America itself. They protect our health. They keep our communities, families, and children safe. And they are at risk.
But Americans will not sit passively by as our health, safety, and democracy are threatened. We will not be silent in the face of the Trump administration. We will stand strong for science.
The Union of Concerned Scientists is a leader in this fight. We invite you to stand with us.
Take action! Stand up for science today.
Show your support for science, facts, and reason. Advocate for solutions that prioritize science-based decision making. Raise your voice for science today!
- Sign up to be a Science Champion. Resist the Trump administration's efforts to sideline science from decisions that affect us all.
- Protect science from crippling budget cuts. Check out our local action toolkit for ways you can stand up for science where you live.
- Tell your governor to stand up and be a climate leader. Learn more about President Trump's Epic Fail on the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Take a moment to thank a government scientist today and share your appreciation.
- Got science? Wear it proudly with our collection of science T-shirts and apparel.
- Become a more effective science advocate—we offer workshops, videos, publications, and other tools to help.
Are you a scientist?
- Check out our Watchdog for Science Toolkit for hands-on resources and immediate actions you can take.
- Join the UCS Science Network and help watchdog attacks on science
- Read our blog post, Stand Up for Science: 5 Ways Scientists Can Make Their Voices Heard
- Learn how to securely share information with UCS about scientific integrity abuses
A watchdog for science and democracy
UCS is keeping a close eye on the Trump administration and the 115th Congress, calling out abuses of science and threats to public safeguards as they happen.
Follow our blog for the latest on the Trump administration, including these notable posts:
- President Trump's Epic Fail on Paris
- Dear Scott Pruitt: Stop Lying. We See What You Are Doing
- President Trump's Attacks on Immigrants Impoverish Science and Weaken America
- We Must Never Accept Racism and Misogyny
- An Open Letter to Federal Scientists in the Age of Trump
For more, see our July 2017 report, Sidelining Science Since Day One, which highlights how the Trump administration harmed public health and safety in its first sox months.
Get the latest news
Our experts and scientists regularly weigh in with insights, analysis, and commentary on important developments, topics, and people in the Trump administration, including coverage of the US withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Read the latest on the Trump administration on our blog, The Equation.
- Read the latest on the federal budget process, and which agencies and programs are at greatest risk.
- Visit our news section for the most recent press releases and statements.
You can also listen to our experts share their insights and strategies for defending science on our podcast, Got Science?: