Standing Up for Science during the Trump Administration
Science. Evidence. Fact and reason.
They form the very foundation of a strong democracy—indeed, of America itself. They protect our health. They keep our communities, families, and children safe. And they are under attack.
But we are not sitting passively by as our health, safety, and democracy are threatened. We are not silent in the face of the Trump administration. We stand strong for science.
The Union of Concerned Scientists is a leader in this fight. We invite you to stand with us.
Take action today!
If you're a local member of a community and want to step up to defend science, sign up as a Science Champion. If you're a scientist or technical specialist, join the Science Network watchdog initiative for tailored opportunities.
Take action! Stand up for science today.
Show your support for science, facts, and reason. Advocate for solutions that prioritize science-based decision making. Raise your voice for science today!
- Sign up to be a Science Champion. Resist the Trump administration's efforts to sideline science from decisions that affect us all.
- Participate in Science Rising, a nationwide movement fighting for science in our democracy.
- Become a more effective science advocate—our tips, tools, and resources highlight the most effective things you can do as an advocate for science.
- Got science? Wear it proudly with our collection of science T-shirts and apparel.
The Union of Concerned Scientists is proud to be an organizing partner of Science Rising, a nationwide mobilization effort that fights for science in our democracy. Learn more and join the movement at www.sciencerising.org.
Are you a scientist?
- Check out our Watchdog for Science Toolkit for hands-on resources and immediate actions you can take.
- Join the UCS Science Network and help watchdog attacks on science
- Read our blog post, Stand Up for Science: 5 Ways Scientists Can Make Their Voices Heard
- Learn how to securely share information with UCS about scientific integrity abuses
A watchdog for science and democracy
UCS is keeping a close eye on the Trump administration and the 116th Congress, calling out abuses of science and threats to public safeguards as they happen and documenting them in our running tally of attacks on science.
For the latest, follow our blog as we cover the Trump administration, including these notable posts:
- President Trump's Epic Fail on Paris
- President Trump's Attacks on Immigrants Impoverish Science and Weaken America
- We Must Never Accept Racism and Misogyny
- An Open Letter to Federal Scientists in the Age of Trump
For more, see our January 2019 report, The State of Science in the Trump Era, which highlights how the Trump administration harmed public health and safety during its first two years in office.
Get the latest news
Our experts and scientists regularly weigh in with insights, analysis, and commentary on important developments, topics, and people in the Trump administration, including coverage of the US withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Read the latest on the Trump administration on our blog, The Equation.
- Visit our news section for the most recent press releases and statements.
You can also listen to our experts share their insights and strategies for defending science on our podcast, Got Science?: