Engaging with Policymakers
Bringing science to the policy making process is crucial to our democracy—but facts alone often aren’t enough. Learn ways to effectively advocate for science by engaging with legislators.
Tips for communicating with policymakers
- Becoming a science resource
- Crafting a one-minute pitch for policymakers
- Calling your elected official
- Writing an effective letter to your policymaker
- Getting a meeting with your policymaker
- Holding an in-district meeting
- Speaking to elected officials at public events
- Testifying before a legislative committee
Quick take: the role of science in policymaking
Physicist David Wright, co-director of the UCS Global Security Program, talks about how scientific information fits into the policy puzzle.
Webinars: Informing policy and influencing decision makers
In-depth presentations on effective strategies and best practices featuring UCS experts and guests.