Engaging with Policymakers
Bringing science to the policy making process is crucial to our democracy—but facts alone often aren’t enough. Learn ways to effectively advocate for science by engaging with legislators.
Quick take: the role of science in policymaking
Physicist David Wright, co-director of the UCS Global Security Program, talks about how scientific information fits into the policy puzzle.
Webinars: Informing policy and influencing decision makers
In-depth presentations on effective strategies and best practices featuring UCS experts and guests.
Tips for communicating with policymakers
- Having a Productive Telephone Call
- Becoming a Science Resource
- Getting a Meeting with Your Policy Maker
- Having an Effective Visit with Your Policy Maker
- Raising Issues at Public Meetings
- Writing an Effective Letter to Your Policy Maker